Americas Cardroom now accepts bitcoin from U.S. players

Discussion in 'Bitcoin Poker' started by Humble Servant, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Humble Servant

Humble Servant Active Member Staff Member

U.S. friendly online poker rooms have been struggling for the past few years since the introduction of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006, which made it difficult for online gambling sites to accept payments from US citizens. Most poker players in the United States know how frustrating it can be to play real money online poker. Credit cards get declined when you want to deposit and withdrawals can take months. Bitcoin looks like it may be the answer to many U.S. poker rooms prayers because it allows players to make payments that can't be censored by a central authority or government.

Here's a quick summary of the bitcoin friendly Americas Cardroom.
    • Bitcoin deposits and payouts are processed free of charge.
    • Part of the high-traffic Winning Poker Network which is also home to Black Chip poker.
    • Deposits available within 20 minutes. Payouts processed within 48 hours.
    • Minimum BTC deposit $10 / Maximum BTC deposit $25,000
    • Minimum BTC payout $25 / Maximum BTC payout $25,000
    • You can make one bitcoin payout per day. Bitcoin deposits are unlimited.
    • Play real money Texas Hold'em and Omaha cash games in the USA.
    • Wide variety of tournament options and freerolls for new players.
    • Mobile poker available on iPhone, Android and Windows Phone.
    VISIT: WWW.AMERICASCARDROOM.EU

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  2. PokerGod

PokerGod Member

Americas Cardroom is now my favourite U.S. facing poker site since I stopped playing at Carbon Poker because of their financial problems. There's always plenty of soft and fishy competition. They used to process my my cash-outs in about 5 days which is pretty good for a US poker room but now that's they added bitcoin I usually get my payouts within a few hours.

3. uglymug

uglymug Member

since americas cardroom and betcoin are both on the winning poker network doesn't it make sense to play at betcoin instead of americas cardroom since they don't put you through a kyc process.

4. Humble Servant

If you are new to bitcoin then this quick tutorial produced by Americas Cardroom should get you up to speed pretty quickly. It demonstrates how to deposit money at the poker room using BTC. If you are still a little confused after, you should check out out bitcoin gambling guides which recommend BTC exchanges and wallets for gambling.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  5. PokerGod

PokerGod Member

Is Americas Cardroom Apple Mac friendly?

6. Humble Servant

Yes. Americas Cardroom have a full Mac poker client that offers cash games, SNG and multi-tablet tournaments.

7. Doyle

Doyle Member

Can you play on an Android or iOS device? I really reading something about them developing a web app a few months ago but I can't find any mention of it on their website.

8. Humble Servant

Sadly their support staff have told us that the Americas Cardroom app is still a few months away. We'll announce it here as soon as a beta version is released.

9. Kaboom

Kaboom Member

Does the deposit bonus apply to bitcoin players also?

10. Humble Servant

Yes. If you deposit with bitcoin at Americas Cardroom your BTC will instantly be covered to dollars so you will then qualify for their 100% deposit bonus up to $1,000.

11. PokerGod

PokerGod Member

It's a shame their mobile poker client won't be available until next year (2017). Blackchip are on the same network, do they offer software that is compatible with iPhone or a Samsung Galaxy tablet?

12. Isn't Betcoin on the same network as Americas Cardroom? What is the advantage of going through the AML and KYC process at Americas Cardroom when you can create an anonymous bitcoin account at Betcoin and join the same player pool?

13. Humble Servant

BetCoin and Americas Cardroom only share the same tournament player pool. If you playing regular Hold'em and Omaha cash games at BetCoin you will only be playing against other BetCoin players.

14. SuckIt

SuckIt Member

On their bitcoin page they say "If at any time your payout is being processed and you would like to cancel it due to fluctuations, please alert us via phone at 1-877-314-4195 so we can try to stop the transaction."

Do other bitcoin poker rooms have an emergency number to phone if the bitcoin price is tanking?

15. EthHead

EthHead Member

Which other major online poker rooms accept bitcoin? PartyPoker, PokerStars or Full Tilt?

16. Humble Servant

Right now none of the major players like 888 or Poker Stars accept bitcoin but that will probably change as more of the major gaming commissions start to regulate for crypto-currencies. The biggest bitcoin friendly poker site right now is Ignition/Bovada poker http://www.bitcoingambling.io/ignition-poker.html

17. Lance

Lance Member

Can Australians play at Americas Cardroom? Our government is in the process of banning online poker so we need alternatives.

18. Humble Servant

Yes. Americas Cardroom accept real-money poker players from Australia. And from every other country on the planet.

19. Humble Servant

ACR players should also be aware that the bitcoin withdrawal option isn't active by default. Once you make two deposits at ACR with bitcoin, the option to withdraw with BTC will appear in the cashier. If you want to make a BTC withdrawal sooner, then you'll need to contact their customer support to have it added as a withdrawal method.

20. Humble Servant