Who uses 2 factor authentication?

Discussion in 'General Bitcoin Gambling Discussion' started by Doyle, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Doyle

Doyle Member

I know I'll probably get lectured for this but I don't have 2 factor authentication set-upon any of my crypto betting accounts. In some of the accounts I have more than a thousand dollars. How stupid am I? My password is pretty strong so I figure I don't need one.

2. Humble Servant

Humble Servant Active Member Staff Member

I use it all the time at crypto gambling sites because I think it's necessary. If you are using a regular bookmaker like Bet365 or Ladbrokes they'll ask you to make a deposit first with your Skrill or Neteller account for example, then you can only withdraw to that same account that is already linked to you. That makes it very hard to steal from you. With crypto, anyone who guesses or steals your ID will be able to login and withdraw your BTC to a wallet.

3. Lance

Lance Member

i'm embarrassed to admit that i've never switched it on. it's a pain in the ass having to put in some number every time and if you lose your phone you are locked out permanently.

4. Freddy

Freddy Member

the last time i made a withdrawal from nitrogen sports, it forced me to set-up 2 factor verification. you cannot make a withdrawal now until you have setup 2 fa.

5. Header

Header Member

I switched off 2 FA after making some withdrawals and their customer support contacted me telling me to stop doing that.

6. Mk3itas

Mk3itas Guest

I recently used the 2nd verification with google by recommendation. I like it because it’s easy to process and I just need to have my smartphone near to me, which I think is really cool and also something to be more careful with the issue of someone getting hacked.

7. SGranche

SGranche Guest

It's always an extra layer of security used to ensure that people trying to access an online account are who they say they are. First, a user will enter their username and password. Then, instead of gaining access immediately, they will be asked to provide other information. This second factor could come from one of the following categories:

Something you know: it could be a personal identification number (PIN), a password, answers to "secret questions" or a specific keystroke pattern
    Something you have: usually a user would have something in their possession, such as a credit card, a smart phone or a small hardware token
    Something you are: this category is a bit more advanced and can include a biometric fingerprint pattern, iris scan or voice print

8. XanLey

XanLey Guest

I feel honestly better by using one, even tho I don't have that much in my account but loosing it because of hackers would drive me crazy

9. Humble Servant

Humble Servant Active Member Staff Member

10. Freddy

Freddy Member

And remember to never use 2 Factor Authentication via SMS because of a possible SIM swap attacks.

11. Ajactonbson

Ajactonbson New Member

Hey, it's all about making informed choices. While a strong password is a good start, 2FA adds an extra layer of security that's worth considering, especially with valuable assets involved. Better late than never, you can set it up now to protect your crypto betting accounts