BetOnline charged me 6.5% to make a bitcoin deposit

Discussion in 'Bitcoin Sports Betting' started by Smug Satoshi, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Smug Satoshi

Smug Satoshi Member

I just want to warn other sports bettors that BetOnline have a flat 6.5% fee for all deposits. I knew they charged this for credit card deposits but I didn't expect it for bitcoin deposits also. There is no excuse for this so I would recommend that everyone boycotts BetOnline until they eliminate the btc deposit fee.

EDITORS UPDATE

Following complaints from many players, BetOnline have had a change of heart and removed their bitcoin deposit fees. Full Story Here http://forum.bitcoingambling.io/threads/betonline-remove-controversial-6-5-bitcoin-deposit-fee.131/

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2016
  2. Humble Servant

Humble Servant Active Member Staff Member

Are you sure? We checked their cashier page and cannot find any mention of a deposit fee.

3. Smug Satoshi

Smug Satoshi Member

I found it hard to belive myself so I contact their support and this is the reply I got "In answer to your query, when a player chooses to deposit via credit card, debit card, gift card, or BitCoin s/he will be responsible for reimbursing the company 6.5% of the total amount processed at the time of deposit. However, if you would like to avoid deposit charges, we invite you to visit our cashier to select the credit card third-party deposit voucher option."

4. Humble Servant

I'm not trying to defend BetOnline here, they should be more open about their 6.5% bitcoin deposit fee, but it's worth considering that they offer better bonuses than their competitors. For instance, you get a 50% reload bonus every time you make a deposit at BetOnline.

5. They do offer excellent reload bonuses and ongoing promotions. My issue is that they aren't upfront about the deposit fee. They need to let bitcoin depositors know they will taking a 6.5% fee and then you can make up our mind about whether it's worth it or not.

6. 4TheWin

4TheWin Member

That doesn't excuse them for deliberately hiding a 6.5% deposit fee. I will take 100% of my deposit amount over some crummy deposit bonus that is impossible to claim anyway.

7. Humble Servant

BetOnline no longer charge their bitcoin players a fee to make a deposit.

8. Freddy

Freddy Member

do you think they will refund the bitcoin they charged players who made a btc deposit?

9. Humble Servant

No. They claim that they were charged 6.5% by their payment processor so they didn't make any money from those fees (which is probably a lie).

10. Humble Servant

11. Humble Servant

While BetOnline stopped charging their customer 6% to make a bitcoin deposit, they continued to charge a 2% payout fee until recently. The good news is the 2% fee is now gone also. Follow this thread for more details.

12. Humble Servant