Bitcoin price predictions for 2018?

Discussion in 'General Bitcoin Gambling Discussion' started by Kaboom, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Kaboom

Kaboom Member

I have made a lot more money from hodling bitcoin than I have from sports betting this year. I bought about $2,000 worth at the start of the year, which has somehow transformed into $20,000 and I didn't have to do anything. The price is almost $11,000 right now so that's an 11X return since the beginning of the year and there is still one more month to go. I wouldn't be surprised if the price went as hight as $14,000 over the Christmas holidays.

So where do you think the price will be on New Years Eve 2018/2019? If next year the price increases by 10X again then a single bitcoin would be valued at over $100,000. That would be INSANE!!

2. Humble Servant

Humble Servant Active Member Staff Member

My guess for the end of 2018 is $35,000, however, if the Lightning Network launches in early $35,000 and proves to be a big success then that number could be much higher. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised to also see it go below $10,000 again.

3. the bitcoin price has been pretty week since xmas so i'll be happy if it breaks $20,000 by the middle of the year and then goes over $30,000 sometime in late 2018.

4. NKOTB

NKOTB Member

Where the price will finish at the end of the year will depend on how successful the Lightning Network launch is. If some easy to use LN wallet start appearing and it starts to get popular then it will kill a lot of the use cases for alt-coins and money will start flowing into bitcoin in a big way. If the Lightning Network is a success then I predict the price will go to $40,000 by the end of 2018.

5. 4TheWin

4TheWin Member

last week i would have predicted $50,000 by the end of 2018 but now the price has halved and is below $10,000 again so i'm not quiet as confident. i'd be happy to get back over $20,000 by the end of the year now.

6. Leif Staff

Leif Staff New Member

I'm guessing at around $20,000 for me

7. Doyle

Doyle Member

It's worth having a listen to this Trace Mayer interview where he says that BTC could go as high as $115,000 by the end of the year. However, when asked to give an end 2018 price at the end of the interview, he predicts a more conservative estimate of $15,000 to $45,0000. Trace has a pretty good track record for predicting price since bitcoin was worth less than a dollar...

8. Lance

Lance Member

Great Trace Mayer interview. I would be extremely happy if bitcoin could reach $25,000 to $30,000 this year. That would be a dream come true.

9. Humble Servant

Here is an interesting prediction of $50,000 by a trader with a good track record....

10. Toast

Toast Member

11. Hernia

Hernia Member

Tim Draper, who predicted bitcoin would bit $10,000 by 2017, predicts that BTC will hit $250,000 by 2022.

12. Wonka

Wonka Member

Only 6 weeks left in the year. What are you guys predicting now for the end of the year? I think we could bottom at around $4,000 by the end of December 2018.

13. Humble Servant

That's a pretty good prediction given the bloodbath we saw this week. I think we will dip before $4,000 before we start to see a proper rally and a recovery.

14. SuckIt

SuckIt Member

I think we are going to get back to about $17,000 - $18,000 by the end of 2019.