Carbon Poker now only offer bitcoin deposits to new USA players

Discussion in 'Bitcoin Poker' started by Humble Servant, Feb 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Humble Servant

Humble Servant Active Member Staff Member

Carbon Poker have been going through a turbulent time over the past couple of years. In 2015 there was a 4 month waiting time for payouts and in 2016 they had to stop accepting new players from the United States. Since real money players from the U.S. were their primary market, this was very bad news for the once mighty poker room. Traffic numbers dwindled and many guaranteed prize pools disappeared.

Well it seems that Carbon Gaming are once again accepting real-money players from the United States but it states very clearly on their sign-up page that it's "Deposits by bitcoin only". While this is unlikely to reinstate Carbon Poker to their top spot in U.S. online poker, it is a positive development. Many U.S. poker players and sports bettors in the USA have already gotten accustomed to banking with bitcoin at Americas Cardroom, Ignition and 5Dimes so CarbonPoker may recover some of its lost traffic.

As I mentioned earlier, Carbon Poker went through severe financial problems in 2015 so this is NOT an endorsement of the poker room. If you want to play at bitcoin friendly poker rooms with sterling reputations then you should visit our Poker section - http://www.bitcoingambling.io/poker.html

2. Lance

Lance Member

I hope these guys sort out whatever legal problems they're having and make a comeback. Bitcoin poker rooms are great but the traffic is still very limited. Carbon won't survive long if they have to relay on new bitcoin poker players. They also need to able to accept credit cards if they want to be able to run big tournaments and high-stakes games.

3. Humble Servant

Humble Servant Active Member Staff Member

I think the tide is turning. Bovada, BetOnline, Americas Cardroom and 5Dimes are all encouraging their players to start using crypto-currencies. It might take a couple of more years but I foresee a time in the not too distant future where the majority of deposits and withdrawals are made to offshore gambling sites are made with bitcoin, litecoin, monero, dash, ethereum etc.