Circle is closing accounts associated with gambling - beware

Discussion in 'General Bitcoin Gambling Discussion' started by Gooch, Oct 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Gooch

Gooch Member

I had my Circle.com account closed last week because I was using it to send and receive bitcoin to a sports betting account. Many people know that Coinbase do not allow gambling transactions but I don't think people are aware that Circle.com will close your account too.

2. BeastyBoy

BeastyBoy Member

They closed my account too, which was a shame because they made it super easy for me to transfer bitcoin to my US bank account. I've been using a combination of Coinbase and Breadwallet for the past few months without a hitch. As long as you don't transfer BTC directly from your gambling account to Coinbase there shouldn't be a problem

3. Freddy

Freddy Member

I use Circle a lot and think it's great. Particularly since they integrated it into iMessage on the iPhone. My only complaint is the $300 weekly limit for buying, selling and sending BTC is a little restrictive.

4. Humble Servant

Humble Servant Member Staff Member

5. EvilK

EvilK Member

The CEO of Circle, Jeremy Allaire, said last week that he didn't think we'd be using bitcoin in 5 to 10 years. He compared it to Netscape Navigator but the irony is that Circle is Netscape Navigator and it's his company that probably won't be around in a few years. Bitcoin is a protocol that is the equivalent of TCP/IP in the internet analogy. Why do bitcoin CEO's have to say such dumb shit?

6. Humble Servant

Sadly, Circle.com have removed the ability to buy and sell bitcoin. The easiest buy option for US based bitcoin gamblers is now Coinbase.com.

7. Wonka

Wonka Member

I buy my bitcoin in the United States at Localbitcoins.com and Paxful.com and so far I haven't had any problems.

8. Humble Servant

9. Humble Servant

It seems that Circle may be in negotiations to buy Poloniex so we may not have heard of them....