Coinbase to finally add SegWit support

Discussion in 'General Bitcoin Gambling Discussion' started by Umair, Feb 6, 2018.

  1. Umair

    Umair Member

    I'm not sure if Coinbase is run by idiots or if they are malevolent for not allowing SegWit transactions. Coinbase customers have been paying fees that are way too high for over 6 months now because the largest bitcoin company on the planet could not upgrade to SegWit. It looks like they have finally capitulated and will soon add segwit for both receiving and sending BTC.

  2. Umair

    Umair Member

  3. Doyle

    Doyle Member

    Is it any wonder that Coinbase are the most hated company in bitcoin. Terrible customer service, an idiot CEO who want to fire the core developers and now they'll even snitch you to the tax man. Implementing SegWit should have been a priority over Bitcoin Cash.
  4. Humble Servant

    Humble Servant Active Member Staff Member

    They seem to be trying to improve their image in the community at the moment. They're also creating an open source fund for enginnering to win back the favour of bitcoiners....

  5. Toast

    Toast Member

    LOL!! These guys are a joke, twitter is full of stories of people getting charged more than 10 times for the same purchase. Some poor sap on twitter is about to get evicted from his apartment because they emptied his bank account. Hold your own keys and don't use Coinbase....

  6. Humble Servant

    Humble Servant Active Member Staff Member

    It seems the rollout of SegWit has already started at both GDAX and Coinbase. CB are reporting that SegWit is active at 25% of accounts and the remaining 75% of accounts will have SegWit by the middle of next week.

  7. Humble Servant

    Humble Servant Active Member Staff Member

    KeepKey finally upgraded their hardware wallet to include SegWit. Now it seems that the only major player that hasn't is They really are an incompetent company so best not to use their wallet.
  8. Hernia

    Hernia Member

    It's now 2019 and still haven't activated SegWit. They are the most incompetent developers in the space. Even BRD added SegWit last year. Are there any other major wallets that don't offer cheaper SegWit transactions to their users?

Share This Page