do bovada and betonline do kyc aml on bitcoin withdrawals?

Discussion in 'General Bitcoin Gambling Discussion' started by Lance, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Lance

Lance Member

as many of you might be aware, the australian government recently banned online poker and poker rooms like pokerstars, 888poker and partypoker are no longer available to real money poker players in australia. as a result, i've started getting my texas hold'em poker fix at nitrogen sports and seals with clubs. while both of these cryptocurrency only poker sites are pretty good for a casual games, i find the traffic is pretty low, particularly at the higher stakes tables.

for this reason, i want to play poker at sites like betonline and bovada that have more traffic. my question is, if i only plan to use bitcoin for deposits and withdrawals, will sites like bovada, heritage and 5dimes still do know your customer (kyc) and anti-money laundering checks (aml)? if they don't then i'll probably give fake information when i sign-up?

2. EthHead

EthHead Member

i would not recommend that you ever give a fake name/address to a gambling sites. they might not ask you for ID at the beginning but it could happen later, particularly if you have a big win. my advice is find a bookmaker that accepts aussies.

3. Humble Servant

Humble Servant Active Member Staff Member

If you plan to just gamble until you've lost everything then it doesn't really matter what name you give them, but if you are expecting to win and maybe get a large payout someday then you should never give a false name or you will never get your winnings.