SCAM ALERT: Avoid Blockchain.info wallet

Discussion in 'General Bitcoin Gambling Discussion' started by Humble Servant, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Humble Servant

Humble Servant Active Member Staff Member

Sadly bitcoin is under attack from a number of bitcoin companies who want to turn bitcoin from a FOSS (Free & Open Source) project into one that they control. This is a dangerous path because many of these wallet companies and exchanges require KYC/AML. If these companies succeed in taking control of bitcoin it will have dire consequences for all crypto-currencies because it will prove that decentralised currencies are not possible.

Blockchain.info and it's CEO Peter Smith are ringleader in this takeover bid and they are planning a hardfork on November 18th, 2017. This hardfork has little support outside of a small circle of CEO's from companies such as Xapo, Coinbase and Shapeshift. If you are a Blockchain.info user we recommend that you change wallets immediately or you may lose your bitcoin.

Here is some of the feedback to Blockchain.info plan to replace BTC with an alt-coin....

2. 4TheWin

4TheWin Member

so what wallet is safe to use. i don't really have the bandwidth at home to run a full node so i'm looking for something that will work on my phone ideally. the main thing is i receive funds from the most valuable chain. i don't care about hash power.

3. Humble Servant

If you want to be sure that your iPhone or Android wallet is connected to the legacy bitcoin chain and now the B2X chain then you should use the https://greenaddress.it wallet.

Hardware wallets like Trezor and Ledger will also allow their users to split the coins, although it will probably be harder to do for B2X than it was for Bcash since there is no replay protection.

4. Wonka

Wonka Member

The CEO of Blockchain.info, Peter Smith, is an idiot who has been behind the other failed forks like XT and Classic. He doesn't understand how bitcoin works.

5. 4TheWin

4TheWin Member

it's a shame that the blockchain wallet will no longer support bitcoin after the november hard fork. it was the first wallet i used and it's still one of my favourites. what about breadwallet? will that be a bitcoin wallet or a 2x wallet.

6. If you run a full node then you can connect to it with breadwallet. If you use an iPhone then the best wallet to use is GreenAddress that is developed by Blockstream. Android users should download the Samourai wallet before the hardfork.

YOU WILL LOSE MONEY IF YOU USE XAPO OR BLOCKCHAIN.INFO

7. Kaboom

Kaboom Member

i didn't realise the blockchain.info wallet was so insecure. doesn't anyone have more information on how their wallets were hacked in the past?

8. Terry

Terry Member

Blockchain.info have been hacked on a number of occasions. Anyone storing large amounts of wallets at that incompetent company deserves to have their bitcoin stolen. Here's just one example of many https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/gentleman-hacker-returns-stolen-bitcoins-blockchain-info/

9. Toast

Toast Member

Peter Smith is a total clown. The sooner these jokers run out of funding the better.

10. PokerGod

PokerGod Member

have they even managed to implement segwit yet? total bunch of incompetents.

11. Fatboy

Fatboy Member

no, it's been over a year and still no segwit. they are terrified they'll fuck it up and lose everyone's money. they were also working on a lightning network implementation called thunder but they scrapped that also. that company is going nowhere until peter smith is fired.

12. Humble Servant

They've raised tens of millions of dollars in VC funding and I've no idea what they've done with it. Do they ever innovate anything?

13. PokerGod

PokerGod Member

They haven't even added SegWit yet so their users are paying more in fees than is necessary.

Now they are trying to dox their users by getting them to register in exchange for receiving some free Stellar. They will probably then sell that information to blockchain analytics companies. Avoid these idiots and use the new Blockstream Green wallet.