Will I be able to use the Facebook Libra coin for online gambling?

Discussion in 'General Bitcoin Gambling Discussion' started by EvilK, Jun 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. EvilK

EvilK Member

It's getting easier and easier to buy and sell bitcoin in the United States because of Coinbase and Cash App but I was interested to read that Facebook will be launching their own cryptocurrency called Libra next year. If anybody with a Facebook account can quickly buy this new crypto then maybe it will even replace bitcoin. My question is, will bitcoin poker rooms and bookmakers accept Libra?

2. Header

Header Member

LOL! There is zero chance you will be able to use ZuckBucks at bookmakers or poker rooms. These will be the most heavily regulated and tracked coins on the planet. You can't use Tether or Gemini stable coins on darknet markets or offshore gambling sites and Libra will have even more KYC/AML so you'll definitely get your Libra confiscated if you try to do anything shady with them.

3. Humble Servant

Humble Servant Active Member Staff Member

In the cryptocurrency hearings in Washington last week, the politicians gave Libra a serious grilling. I'm starting to think that it will never launch because it will get bogged down with regulations. One thing is sure, Libra will not want any controversy so it will 100% not be allowed to be used for any illegal activities like buying drugs or online gambling.