Will Kraken, BitStamp or Bitfinex ban me for gambling deposits?

Discussion in 'General Bitcoin Gambling Discussion' started by Wonka, May 11, 2018.

1. Wonka

Wonka Member

I already had my Coinbase account closed because I made a deposit from Bovada to my exchange account. They said it was against their Terms and Conditions to use their service to facilitate sports betting, poker or any kind of online gambling. As a result, I'm wondering if other cryptocurrency exchanges will also kick me off if I use deposit from a crypto bookmaker?

2. Humble Servant

Humble Servant Active Member Staff Member

According to Krakens Terms & Conditions, you must agree to not "Use our Services to pay for, support or otherwise engage in any illegal gambling" so I guess technically you might get banned but I haven't heard of anyone having their account at Kraken closed due to illegal gambling.

Now that the Supreme Court of the USA has lifted the federal ban on online gambling, many crypto gambling sites will no longer be illegal.

3. Hernia

Hernia New Member

BitStamp have a similar clause in their Terms and Conditions, although I've never heard of anyone getting their account closed for online gambling but it's still better to be cautious "Lastly, you agree that you will not use the Service to perform criminal activity of any sort, including but not limited to money laundering, illegal gambling operations, terrorist financing, malicious hacking or any criminal or illegal activity."

4. PokerGod

PokerGod Member

i read a post recently on another forum by someone who got kicked off of the cash app because they sent their bitcoin directly from the cashapp to a gambling site.