Does DraftKings or FanDuel accept bitcoin?

Discussion in 'Bitcoin Sports Betting' started by NKOTB, Jul 1, 2016.

1. NKOTB

NKOTB Member

I've been bitten by the bitcoin bug and don't think I could be bothered filling out credit card forms ever again. Can I use BTC to deposit and withdraw from Fan Duel or Draft Kings in the US?

2. 4TheWin

4TheWin Member

No. They accept PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.

3. Spud

Spud Member

if their legal problems keep piling up i think they will be accepting bitcoin sooner than you think.

4. Humble Servant

Humble Servant Active Member Staff Member

From which states does FanDuel and DraftKings block players?

5. EthHead

EthHead Member

Daily fantasy sports betting sites are banned/blocked in Alabama, Arizona, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, New York, Washington, Texas and list keeps growing.

6. Humble Servant

Both FanDuel and DraftKings are launching their fantasy sports betting services in the United Kingdom. I guess they need to expand outside of the United States incase daily fantasy gambling gets a federal nationwide ban.

7. Humble Servant

The UK Gambling Commission now permits its licencees to use bitcoin and other cryptos. Since FanDuel and DraftKings would both have been granted licences by the UKGC to operate, they should be able to start accepting crypto-currencies from players in the United Kingdom.

8. EthHead

EthHead Member

I can't see FanDuel or DraftKings becoming popular in the UK. The bookmaker culture is far too ingrained in British society. Even if daily fantasy sports betting started to become popular, William Hill and Ladbrokes would start offering it and kill their business overnight.

9. I thought DraftKings and FanDuel lost their credit card processor in the United States last year?

10. Humble Servant

Yes they did but I think this story was overblown in the press because it was just one of a number of credit card processing companies that they use.

11. Freddy

Freddy Member

It looks like both sites are going to merge soon. If they do join forces I really hope there will be less commercials during NFL season.

12. BeastyBoy

BeastyBoy Member

I think they have merged but they already merged companies but the two different brands will remain. There was definitely fewer commercials this year.