Calvin Ayre predicts bitcoin will revolutionize gambling in 2017

Discussion in 'General Bitcoin Gambling Discussion' started by Humble Servant, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Humble Servant

Humble Servant Active Member Staff Member

Calvin Ayre is one of the most outspoken proponents of bitcoin. Just a few months ago he proclaimed bitcoin to be the single biggest development in gambling in the last 20 years. Now he has written an article titled Crystal balls: Calvin Ayre’s predictions for 2017 that is equally bullish on crypto-currency. According to Ayre:
    • "BITCOIN EATS EVERYTHING" in 2017. He proclaims that bitcoin is already popular and growing more influential by the day.
    • The huge upswing in bitcoin online gambling adoption in 2016 was as a results of "some farsighted mainstream operators".
    • The UK Gambling Commission, which regulates online gambling in the UK, were forced to concede in 2016 that bitcoin was changing the rules of the game.
    • One of the biggest advantages is that bitcoin allows gamblers to avoid government enforced payment blocking.
    • The blockchain also makes gambling more transparent and allows users to check the fairness of each roll of the dice or spin of the wheel.
    • He also blames the reckless financial policies of central banks for driving adoption in 2016 and he expects this to continue into 2017.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  2. Wonka

Wonka Member

If bitcoin is to take a large share of the online gambling market in 2017, it will have to be easier to buy and sell bitcoin in the United States. Buying bitcoin should be as easy as buying phone credit. Once US citizens can purchase BTC in every 7-Eleven convenience store, then we will see a huge increase in the number of sports bettors in the USA using crypto-currencies.

3. Humble Servant

4. Tommy82

Tommy82 Member

Last year I laughed at the idea of using nerd money for online gambling but after just a few weeks I'm totally converted. I can see this being totally huge over the next couple of years.

5. uglymug

uglymug Member

Has Calvin Ayre ever revealed what percentage of Bodog deposits are made in bitcoin these days? My guess is 20%.

6. Humble Servant

These off-shore gambling operators tend to stay pretty secretive about their business so we'll probably never know exactly. I think 20% is a good estimate although it might be much higher if a recent tweet by Tuur Demeester is to be believed in which he claims the number could be as high as 60%.