What is the best bitcoin wallet for online gambling?

Discussion in 'General Bitcoin Gambling Discussion' started by Humble Servant, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Spud

Spud Member

the irs requested the records of every coinbase customers for the past 3 years so if you are a big gambler who wants to hide gambling revenue then you should avoid coinbase.

2. Smug Satoshi

Smug Satoshi Member

Circle.com are no longer a bitcoin company and their CEO Jeremy Allaire dumped all over core devs in his whiney rage quit.

3. BeastyBoy

BeastyBoy Member

Has anyone used the Samurai bitcoin wallet yet? Their main aim is to make bitcoin transactions more stealthy and private so they sound like they would be a prefect fit for online gamblers. Their whole Is it available on iOS yet?

4. Humble Servant

Humble Servant Active Member Staff Member

It's still just in Alpha release unfortunately. It seems to have been in development for years now. They really need to release at least a beta version soon or someone else will release a privacy focused app and steal their thunder. Android users can now download the Alpha version. There is no iOS app to test yet.

5. 2damoon

2damoon Member

GreenAddress is the best wallet for those who are a little bit tech savvy. Here's why...
    1. GreenAddress lets you connect to your own node in SPV mode, which is far more secure.
    2. You can specify your own fee which is useful if you are in a hurry to deposit money at a gambling site and need to be included in the next block.
    3. GreenAddress is owned by BlockStream so they have the brightest minds in the crypto space working for them.
    4. They support replace-by-fee so if your transaction gets stuck, you can increase the fee to unstick it.

6. Toast

Toast Member

Has anyone used the DigitialBitbox hardware wallet https://digitalbitbox.com? Looks pretty minimal but cool. Is it as secure as Ledger or Trezor?

7. Humble Servant

It doesn't have a screen so I don't think I'd recommend it as wholeheartedly as I'd recommend either the Ledger Nano or the Trezor hardware wallets. The company was founded by Jonas Schnelli, who is one of the Core Developers, so is highly respected. Worth buying if you are a more advanced users who doesn't need a screen.

8. Humble Servant

9. Blockchain.info has been run by an idiot called Peter Smith for the past few years. The blockchain.info wallet has been hacked a number of times and is extremely insecure. Invest in a hardware wallet like Ledger Nano or a Trezor.

10. Gooch

Gooch Member

Are there any Lightning Network wallets yet for iOS and Android?

11. Humble Servant

12. Humble Servant

13. Toast

Toast Member

the new hold wallet looks promising. it's based on the open source BRD wallet but there is no stupid ICO or alt-coins. Super easy to use https://hodlwallet.co/

14. Humble Servant

Yes, I really like the design and the fact that they are not listing any stupid ICO tokens like BRD are. Concentrating on just BTC is a good idea in my opinion, especially now that Lightning Network wallets are appearing all over the place.

15. BeastyBoy

BeastyBoy Member

i downloaded the new blockstream green wallet and i have to say that it is love at first sight. the layout is and design is great for newbies who just want to send and receive bitcoin but it also has tons of cool other features. for example, you an specify how much fees you want to pay depending on the priority of the transaction, it has multisig functionality and you can even connect it to your own full node at home. great work blockstream.